The ICON projects in the covenant funnel of Flanders Make follow a tight six-monthly schedule. For participating companies with less R&D experience or experienced companies with capacity challenges, the support of a funding expert can be a welcome help in writing the project file. Following a first pilot project during the last project wave 1 (2021), we would like to continue along this path in identifying subsidy experts who can support the companies in the trajectory to full proposal (gate2-gate3).
The timings for wave 1 in 2022 are as follows:
- Submission Gate 2 (sixpager): 19/11/2021
- Decision Gate 2: 08/12/2021
- First draft full proposal: 20/01/2022
- Company final version: 31/1/2022
- Filing with Vlaio: 03/02/2022
- Decision Vlaio: 19/05/2022
Would you like to be on the list of funding experts? Then read the appointments below, present your candidate via the contact form and indicate clearly which experienced people you would like to put forward.
- The list we communicate to companies is a list of people, not of companies. It is valid for 1 ICON wave at a time, as there may be significant changes in the process.
- These persons will be added to the list by name, after they have completed the ICON training of the specific wave. This training will take place on 22/11/2021.
- This training takes place just before or after the gate 2 decision, for persons renewing their place there is a shortened training with the new information.
- These persons have a proven R&D experience of at least 5 approved projects in the last 3 years.
- The providers subscribe to an NDA with regard to all information they receive about ICON proposals from Flanders Make.
- Pricing is done by the providers independently, but is effort based. Percentage gages on the grant amount are not allowed. It is permitted to offer this effort-based fee according to the no-cure no-pay principle.
- An indicative effort estimate of 6 days is given (1 day reading in & intake, 3 days impact file, 1 day work plan company, 1 day support after submission).
- The list of persons is communicated to the companies participating in a Flanders Make ICON, without obligation.
- Companies communicate directly with the providers about the project content. All non company specific information is explicitly covered by the NDA of point 5 and cannot be used for other purposes.
- Providers communicate with Flanders Make about questions concerning the ICON instrument and the modalities of the wave.